Did you know that 3 new sewage treatment plants have been built under the Programme and another 4 have undergone major renovations?
The main aim of the funded projects is to protect the common natural heritage, such as nature reserves and health resorts.
Thanks to the Programme's funding, a total of more than 130 kilometres of sewage network was built or modernised in the area and more than 3 000 buildings (including households and hotels) were connected to it!
In addition to infrastructure investments, projects also focused on the exchange of experience and good practice, joint training for institutions and environmental campaigns.
Which projects were supported?
- KSICHER – modernisation of the sewage network and treatment plant in the Polish-Ukrainian border area
- RiversHeritage – protecting the San River
- ProtectWater – water protection in the natural areas of popular health resorts: Solina commune (PL) and Skhidnytsia (UA)
- SVITYAZ – construction of a sewage system in rural areas around Lake Svityaz
- ThinkEco – modernisation of wastewater treatment plants in Kuźnica (PL) and Biaroza (BY).
For more information on environmental projects (objective HERITAGE), see our Project Database.
Was this page useful?